Friday, December 10, 2010

Oktoberfest 2010

Beer selection is one of the few things Buenos Aires is lacking. Quilmes and Stella are the most popular options you find at bars, restaurants and grocery stores, but occasionally we change our scene and play cards at breweries for a broader selection. I always make a point to try the local beer at each new city/province we visit, so naturally I was excited about the endless cerveza possibilities at Oktoberfest!

Kelly, Megan, Flor and I took the 14-hour bus trip west the first weekend of October to attend an Argentine Oktoberfest in the little German town Villa General Belgrano. We spent the weekend drinking beers, watching parades, dancing, socializing and taking pictures. I didn’t manage to find a single new beer that I really loved, but it certainly wasn’t for a lack of trying!

Oktoberfest crew
(L-R: Flor, me, Kelly, Megan)

parade = dancing in the streets

child gaucho adds Argentine culture to Oktoberfest parade

this is how we watch parades...

...this is how we party

shadows of love & peace

me & Megan

me & Flor

me & Kelly

me & random old German man?

Ukrainian dancers - best in the show

(obviously we had to take a picture with them)

making new friends (air mattress was crucial)

Villa General Belgrano - Oktoberfest - 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment